Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little hand flowers


This is a lesson I previously posted over at Painted Paper after my school had a major tragedy in our community.
 I thought it will be fitting to post in the recent events 
of our nation.


I saw this project over at another blog.http://nurturestore.co.uk/handprint-sunflowers. I loved it so much but wanted to bring in the colors of India. I love the idea of children's handprints or tracing their precious hands. (Those of you who have children in your life, a child's hands strikes a special chord to your heart.) It to me is the ultimate in primary art. My students who made these could not contain their happiness of wanting to take them home to give to mom.

Students were saying" My mom takes photos of my art", "My mom hangs my art in the den". Another said "My mom takes it to work", "I cannot wait to give this to my mom." I have other students who tragically lost one or both parents. This breaks my heart being a parent to see such sadness. Maybe you will understand why I choose to make my classroom a happy classroom, a class where everyone can succeed even if you have a major disability or a tragic history.

To me this is the ultimate feedback -This is what Art is- the emotional connection. They didn't care what supplies were used or what the process was ...... they were just happy and in todays world this was the best connections my students have made with art.

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Great job!
    Making these kind of floral bouquet is not so easy stuff. It requires much practice.
    Anniversary flowers

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...