Monday, June 6, 2016

Father's Day Fun!

Hi! It's Carolyn from Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together. Today I'm going to share some simple, fun Father's Day activities with you.


First, my friend Sarah (from A Sunny Day in First Grade) shared this wonderful writing prompt for Father's Day, free at her TpT Store. I always love to see the kids'  answers.
Father's Day Simile Poem {freebie!}

A "My Dad Rocks" paperweight is a fun keepsake for children to make for dad.  This one is from  Our Family World.  You can make them as simple as you want.  You don't even need to paint the rocks- the children can just write "My Dad Rocks" on a special rock with a sharpie, and you can spray it with clear spray paint sealer.  Don't forget to have the child write his/her name on the bottom and date it, too!


Aren't these gloves sweet? I found the picture on Pinterest, but it didn't have any link back to anywhere.  If it's yours, let me know so I can link it to you.  I love these.  You can usually find these gloves at a Dollar Store.  The poem says:

See these gloves daddy?
They don't fit me just  yet.
My handprints are on them, 
So you'll never forget.
I'm only small for a little while,
So remember my hands and my smile.
I love you daddy, with all my heart.
No matter how much I grow,
We will never grow apart.




Kristin Miller shared this on Pinterest.  I thought it was so cute!  You could make a simple, inexpensive card/gift by having children stamp their hand prints on  a white paper plate made into a baseball like this.
Baseball handprint platter - Fathers Day idea:

This activity is from Oriental Trading.  The packet makes 12 activities.  A simple way to make this activity with your class would be to have children put red and yellow pieces of tissue paper onto clear contact paper, then cut it into this shape, and outline it with blue tape. The kids could write, "You're my hero, Dad!" in the middle with a Sharpie. 
Celebrate a fantastic father with this DIY sign! A wonderful craft kit for kids to create a thoughtful Father's Day gift, add it to your Sunday School ...:
My class made these for their dads. Each child colored a paper that said, "MY."  I took each child's picture holding their sign.  Then,  I taped a packet of Pop Rocks under the sign so it says, "MY Pop Rocks!"  
Father's Day Idea:





I decided to use these as covers for their books about dad.  Here are some of the sweet pages from some of the books.  





I hope you found some fun things to do for Father's Day!  I'd love you to stop by my blog or my Facebook page!  Have a  wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite images are the letters! So authentic!!
    Thx for the post!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Father's Day ideas. We are always out of school by this time. I'll remember to add this one last project before summer break!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...